Thursday, December 9, 2010

Milena Velba The Milk Station

A German film about postpartum depression: The Stranger me.

I want to start this post by apologizing for my absence from the blogosphere in recent weeks. I have been busy meeting people very interesting for my documentary ... and blow my nose repeatedly. Inspired to write brief failed me ...

So I go back to writing to you about a German film Das Fremde in mir (The Stranger in Me ) valued at Cannes in 2008.

I've only seen clips, but I heard many positive reviews in the magazine issue Cinemas on TV5.

A young mother of 32 years feels disconnected from her newborn shortly after birth. Unaided around her, she saw what she thought was a dream as a nightmare sinks into depression and comes to hate this baby invading his space.

I do not know if any of you had the chance to see this movie. The premise seems interesting since this film is about a taboo (and I love it sheds light on the unspoken.) The Stranger in Me seems to talk about motherhood not always easy when having a child can be a nightmare.

Without revealing the end, I understood that everything ended still work out and things are placed. Still, I like to deal with motherhood like something was difficult at times and not what we malheureusemnet too often used to see: parents happy, well rested, living in a house tidy with their newborn calm and smiling, as if having a child that does almost nothing changed.

I love realism (although this is a fiction not a documentary) and it shows things as they really are. Having a child is not always pink! (That's why I admire those who choose to have me and I do not want.)


Here is the trailer German film subtitled in French.

0 comments:

Post a Comment